Peoria Historical Society: Springdale Cemetery Drive-around, Part 2
Meet at the parking lot next to the office of the cemetery and follow your guide, Linda Aylward, an expert in the history of Springdale Cemetery, in your own car. Your walking tour will begin in the Middle Valley. The tour requires walking on level roads and cars can be easily parked. Divisions visited include Middle Valley, Rose Hill, The Cove and Walnut Grove. Hear fascinating stories of prospecting for gold in the Yukon, prison escapes during the Civil War, the capture of the Demon of the Wabash, and Peoria’s most unusual travel souvenir from Egypt and more. This tour also features two of the four founders of Springdale Cemetery.
• Participants are asked to wear masks during the tour and to socially distance from one another.
• Tours will last approximately 1 ½ hours, unless otherwise indicated.
• Tour fee is $15 per person.
• Tours will be limited to no more than 8 participants to assure social distancing.
• Participants should feel comfortable walking 1 ½ miles and standing up to 20 minutes.
• There may be uneven ground at Springdale Cemetery or on public sidewalks.
• Tours will go rain or shine, except in the case of severe weather. Participants should dress accordingly. If severe weather comes up while a tour is taking place, it may be cut short to ensure the safety of the participants.
• Cancellations permitted up to 24 hours ahead with full refund or reschedule.
For tickets: 309tix.com
for more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/311550843337692/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A5%2C%22action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22main_list%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%22%5C%22%5C%22%22%7D]%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7DLocation: Peoria River Front Association