Peoria Historical Society: Downtown Peoria Walking Tour
Meet at the Julia Belle Swain landing after you have parked your car. Join veteran guide Bernie Drake for an engaging tour that will highlight Peoria history. Learn about the courthouses that were on the square before the current one. Explore each of the memorials from the newest Korean War Memorial to the oldest, the Soldiers and Sailors Monument. Stroll to the GAR Hall and learn about its architecture and its history.
• Participants are asked to wear masks during the tour and to socially distance from one another.
• Tours will last approximately 1 ½ hours, unless otherwise indicated.
• Tour fee is $15 per person.
• Tours will be limited to no more than 8 participants to assure social distancing.
• Participants should feel comfortable walking 1 ½ miles and standing up to 20 minutes.
• There may be uneven ground at Springdale Cemetery or on public sidewalks.
• Tours will go rain or shine, except in the case of severe weather. Participants should dress accordingly. If severe weather comes up while a tour is taking place, it may be cut short to ensure the safety of the participants.
• Cancellations permitted up to 24 hours ahead with full refund or reschedule.
For tickets: 309tix.com
For more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/274771147290672/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A5%2C%22action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22main_list%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%22%5C%22%5C%22%22%7D]%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7DLocation: Peoria River Front Association